Not Specified years
Posted 244 days ago
The Director, Account Management for U.S. Market Development (USMD) is responsible for account management, sales and business development for key retailers within the Big Box vertical.
Lead account management and business development activities for key accounts with a focus on select big box retailers in the home improvement and specialty verticals. Work with senior and C-level executives of targeted Mastercard customers to build strong partnerships that support Mastercard financial and strategic objectives.
• Provide superior strategic account management driven by robust account planning, understanding of payment economics, and adherence to Value Driver Selling process and principles.
• Develop account plans and strategies to achieve business growth in US markets
• Identify and develop new business opportunities that provide the best potential for future business growth, an appreciable return on financial investments
• Support strategically significant organizational initiatives, including cross-selling of key Mastercard products, capabilities and solutions to deepen relationships
• Develop detailed business cases, including financial analysis/modeling, in support of merchant initiatives.
• Ensure careful and appropriate utilization of Mastercard resources to support achievement of objectives
• Work closely with a large diverse team to achieve revenue targets and increase market share within a client
• Understand retail market trends and conduct analysis to identify issues and opportunities and support business strategies
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent work experience applying sales leadership preferred.
• Results driven with demonstrated business development success and effective strategic account management skills.
• Experience in the payments business with exposure to retail issues and/or experience in the retail business with some responsibility for payments and business development is desirable.
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Significant knowledge of the retail industry and business development opportunities is critical to success in this role. Individual must be able to identify and address related operational challenges.
• Knowledge of products, services and solutions within the payments business is desirable, as is experience with delivery of those services by the Mastercard organization
• Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Advanced interpersonal and communication skillsrequired with a solid track record of developing external/internal relationships.