Director, Account ManagementOverview
• Our North America sales organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
• The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for account management and business development activities for strategic issuers in the US Regional Bank Team. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the customer relationship, be responsible for driving profitable growth, and implementing solutions to enhance customer’s payments businesses. This successful candidate will be supported by a strong cast including product, advisors, marketing, loyalty, labs, and information technology.
• This position is ideal for someone with a passion for the payments business with a strong desire to build strong client relationships. To be successful this candidate will need to be comfortable building relationships with senior management at the bank, understand the clients’ needs, and recommend how Mastercard solutions help solve these needs. This individual should have a strong working knowledge of the payments ecosystem and be good at cross-collaboration with internal partners.
• Have you ever proactively identified and solved complex problems that impact management, relationship and direction of the business?
• Have you ever prepared proposals, RFP’s, and negotiate contractual relationships with various internal and external stakeholders?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Responsible for the day-to-day account management for assigned issuers within US Regional Bank Team with a strong focus on the Commercial Bank segment.
• Develop in partnership with the client an annual strategic plan and execute against that plan.
• Build out quarterly business reviews to help understand the customers’ business, strategies, and opportunities.
• Deliver against sales/net revenue targets for Mastercard products/services.
• Ideate and help to deliver strategic development opportunities that will drive Mastercard incremental revenue growth and enhance mutual profitability.
• Develop strong business relationships between Mastercard and the customers’ organization.
• Develop and manage relationships between internal Mastercard partners including product, advisors, marketing, loyalty, labs, and information technology.
• Collaborate with the Business Development team to acquire new business within the Regional Bank Team.
All About You
• Strong knowledge and success in the payments space. Commercial experience a plus.
• Forward-thinking, with an ability for creative approaches to solve business problems.
• Strong ability to influence and build consensus across cross-functional units, leadership levels, external partners and customer.
• Results-oriented and ability to perform in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
• Payments knowledge with a proven track record of solution selling including using functionality and entrepreneurship to differentiate and derive value/revenue
• Competent in business development; strong customer focus and performance orientation. Assumes accountability and responsibility.
• Broad market awareness, able to think strategically, creatively and able to work collaboratively.
•Location – East Coast or Midwest residencypreferred but notrequired