We are looking for Directional Driller Engineer for our client in Houston, TX
Job Title: Directional Driller Engineer
Job Location: ??Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years):7 - 10
- Work closely with Technology projects on Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) selection and all aspects of Directional Drilling (DD) performance.
- Ensures that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Be proficient in the use of Directional Drilling computer software and be able to provide advice and analysis to the client representative at the work site.
- This shall include all survey calculations, well-to-well clearance calculations, ellipse of uncertainty calculations, well path projections, BHA analysis, torque and drag modeling and vibration analysis.
- Ensures a daily Directional Drilling report is completed and copied to technology?s field verification team manager, and to the Directional Drilling Coordinator (DDC).
- Ensures a full and proper BHA performance report is completed for each BHA run. This report should contain detailed and accurate BHA dimensions as well as expected versus actual BHA performance and conclusions and recommendations.
- Ensures that the Directional Drilling aspects of the well being drilled comply with technology?s approved drilling program.
- Ensure that all company equipment for use in the directional portion of the work is inspected when delivered to the work site to check.
- Interfaces with the Measurement While Drilling (MWD) engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied. Responsible for maintaining records of all Directional Drilling equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills. Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required. This is both an office and field position.
- Under general supervision participates in planning and conducting of tests on materials, components, subassemblies, and tools.
- Experienced in the use of hand tools.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (pumps, valves, piping, fittings, etc.)
- A basic understanding of electricity and experience reading and interpreting digital multimeters.
- Reviews procedures pre-test for accuracy and consistency, provides feedback as justified.
- Able to follow test procedures consistently and accurately. Raises concerns when procedure errors are discovered.
- Diligently monitors test parameters (temperature, pressure, vibration, etc.) to ensure they are within prescribed limits.
- Debugs test setup problems and troubleshoots tools and equipment.
- Documents test data, test observations, and test results.
- Understands the goals of the organization and conducts job tasks to positively impact those goals.
- Fosters a safe work environment and promotes safe job behaviors.
- Assists in the investigation of field problems to improve products and services.
- Occasionally travels to offsite locations to assemble, test, repair, and operate equipment.
- Conducts job tasks to positively impact safety, cost containment, efficiency, profitability, and operations.
- Proficient in PC operation and common PC software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Directional Drilling
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
- Survey calculations
- Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA)
- Requires a minimum of three years?experience as a Field Prof-DD, Sr, to include a minimum of four years directional drilling experience with average experience ranging from 7 - 10 years. Must have met the minimum competency requirements for a Field Prof-DD, Sr. Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.