Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative business at Guardian? Is a culture where “People Count” and “We Do the Right Thing” important to you? If so, Guardian Life Insurance Company is actively seeking a passionate, driven Business Development Leader to help us grow our Direct to Consumer (DTC) business.
The DTC Business Development Leader will have the key accountability of executing the company’s DTC distribution strategy and effectively managing both external and internal business processes while achieving profitable growth goals for the DTC business.
This individual will prospect, vet and forge strategic partnerships as well as grow existing relationships. They will be accountable for supporting business development, partner marketing, vendor management, performance reporting as it relates to generating revenue for the DTC business.
The span of leadership accountability will be national. This role will be responsible for executing key business strategies that have a direct impact on the company’s presence in the DTC marketplace. The Business Development Leader will be responsible for pipeline development, negotiating distribution partner agreements, supporting implementation of new distributionchannels and expanding Guardian’s market reach to achieve revenue goals.
- Pipeline development of new partner prospects with emphasis on strategic partnership and ROI.
- Effective negotiation of distribution partner agreements and contracts.
- Channel management to optimize and grow existing partnerships.
- Create brand and channel recognition in the industry through conferences and events.
- Development of business plans and tracking sales goals of key distribution partners.
- Management and monitoring of partner performance.
The Business Development Leader reports to the Second Vice President, Direct to Consumer Programs & Distribution who reports to the Senior Vice President, Head of Direct to Consumer business.
- Works effectively with key stakeholders to complete sales, implementation and product development.
- Manage national distributionchannels including aggregators, referral partners, digital/agent referrals, tele-sales and strategic alliances for product or capability.
- Self- starter who takes the initiative to drive results.
- Ability to lead others and manage external relationships & vendors.
- Influencing and collaboration skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Program/Project Management skills.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Champion of change.
- Financial acumen.
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Builds commitment to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Ability to take complex issues and simplify for execution.
- Inspires and engages internal and external parties to influence decision making and outcomes.
- Fosters a culture where diverse thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds are valued and celebrated.
- Encourages candor and transparency.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience. A Master's Degree is a plus.
- 5-10 years experience in successful people and distribution management.
- Business development experience.
- Large scale implementation experience including distribution partner development and channel management.
- DTC experience or relevant exposure to individual and/or direct consumer business.
- Sales and distributionexperience, both consumer and partner channel management.
- Voluntary/worksite product expertise and competitive intelligence in supplemental health products.
- Industry contacts in the field of insurance distribution, such as Medical insurance experience.
- This position can be based in one of our Eastern time zone regional offices (Holmdel NJ, Bethlehem PA, Stamford CT, etc.) or it can be a Remote/Work from Home position in the Eastern time zone.
- 20-25% travel to various conferences and meetings with partners.