InClusion Specialized Programs is hiring highly motivated, dedicated and experienced people to work with individuals with intellectual disabilities (Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, ADHD, Down Syndrome and various Mental Health Diagnoses, etc.) in our specialized homes. Before submitting your resume and application, please see below for the job requirements. Thank you for your interest!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision, protection and care for children individually and in groups at all times.
- Assistance to each child in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Administration of discipline (as defined as positive redirection) and setting of limits for behavior.
- Responsible for the assigned physical plant and operations.
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the home.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the program plan for each resident in the Group Home and/or Adult Residential Facility.
- Understand and implement exercises designed to improve or maintain, mobility range of motion and self-help skills.
- Document incidents that occur.
- Implement treatment plan for each resident.
- Maintain current progress notes and data frequency counts on each client assigned to them.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training.
- Assist residents in all areas of grooming and personal hygiene skills.
- Perform basic incidental medical treatment as prescribed
- Ensure open lines of communication with other staff members.
- Assist in supervision of meal preparation and housekeeping chores as assigned.
- Have the ability to exercise mature judgment and relate to clients in a warm, caring, and non-expletive means.
- Ensure that the Group Home and/or Adult Residential Facility is maintained in clean, safe, and home like manner.
- Participate in residents recreation activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Facility manager/Administrator/Alternate Administrator/Licensee
Qualifications and Skills
- Have a minimum of two (2) yearexperience as a DSP II in a service level 4-G or higher
- Must have completed DSP Year1&2 training course and certification prior to working in the home with individuals.
- Must maintain current certification in First Aid, CPR and N-CPI.
- Must possess and present current criminal record clearance (Live Scan).
- Must have experience with consumers with a dual diagnosis within context of the Mental Health Court, Juvenile Court, and/or probation Department.
- Must have a health screening as specified in Section 80065(g).
- Must have tuberculosis test documents as specified in Section 80065(g).
- Have the personal characteristics, physical energy and competence to provide care and supervision of children.
- Has and maintains a clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively with co-workers.
- Possesses a genuine interest in and concern for the children and/or intellectual disabled persons.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to comply with directions from direct supervisor.
- Must satisfy requirements as specified by Community Care Licensing and the Regional Center assigned to the Group Homes and/or Adult Residential Facility.