The Direct Sales leadership position leads and develops team of inside sales specialists to drive business performance and growth for the Direct to Consumer Sales team exceeding defined monthly goals that ensure consumer satisfaction.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI targets are met
- Aggressively discover/create/drive revenue opportunities and maximizing contribution profit. Establish new KPI's to best support the evolving shift in channels and revenue opportunities.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
- Drive sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitor offerings
- Collaborate with marketing, support, transportation, product management and account management to facilitate new messages, campaigns and offerings.
- Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary (intrinsic) motivational tactics, such as sales contests, incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition
- Identify and implement revenue programs and facilitate finance, legal and sales practices.
- Manage and oversee commission program and ensure that key objectives are being met and maintained
- Oversee resource planning, reporting, incentives and communications for the assigned team.
- Sense of urgency and focus on consumer experience while leveraging resources efficiently.
- Act as an escalation point and provide recommendations for team members in resolving personnel and project related issues.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Communication Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent experience in related field.
- 8-10 years of overall business experience.
- Working knowledge of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Expert in general management knowledge and skills, such as departmental goal setting and planning, budgeting and personnel administration
- Ability to lead a high-performing team; successfully lead initiatives, projects and activities that support departmental and organizational goals.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.