This position works directly with suppliers to procure product that may not be carried in branches. This position is also responsible for leading the introduction of nursery sales opportunities for irrigation branches across the country.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Serves as a liaison between nursery suppliers and assigned customers to secure the sale of product, responds to customer inquiries and resolves customer concerns.
- Receives customer quotes, prepares bids for products and services, and manages the Project Services function for direct sales products.
- Verifies source availability, negotiates competitive costs, and provides competitive quotes to assigned customers and/or SiteOne Landscape Supply’ sales personnel.
- Solicits new nursery vendors as requested by the National Direct Sales Manager.
- Negotiates, manages and coordinates all the logistical requirements to meet customer expectations and business revenue and margin requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes various reports.
- Utilizes the computer and operating system to prepare quotes, run reports, and distribute proposals.
- Participates in and/or assists with nursery product promotional plans, strategies, marketing and events.
- Participates in training related to product, sales, and marketing processes
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must possess strong customer service skills, extensive nursery knowledge, and solid negotiation skills.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-yeardegree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent work experience
- Must have four to seven years of experience in retailnursery and irrigation industry and 1 to 3 years of experience in supply management
- Vendor experiencepreferred including a working knowledge of freight/logistics and supply/demand in the Green industry.