$80K — $100K *
This job is responsible for developing business relationships that drive mortgage customers to People’s United Bank. The Direct Sales Mortgage Loan Officer will handle inquiries from customers and prospects on mortgage and various consumer loans by phone and internet via our website, and referrals from branch and/or call center staff. The Direct Sales Mortgage Team will originate and manage large quantities of loans utilizing a variety of lead sources.
• Meet or exceed sales, service quality, and productivity goals on both inbound and outbound basis.
• Act as an advocate for the customer, making logical decisions that balance customer needs with People's United Bank’s objectives.
• Maintains contact with customers and follows through on mortgage and consumer loan applications in process, participating in obtaining necessary information and working with customers, real estate agents, attorneys, and other applicable parties regarding paperwork, title searches, examinations, and the like.
• Ensures completeness of paperwork and documentation and reviews for compliance.
• Capitalizes on opportunities to cross-sell the Bank’s products and services to mortgage customers in an effort to increase customer relationships with People's United Bank.
• Keeps informed of changes in People's United Bank’s policies and procedures & State and Federal regulations impacting residential mortgage business.
• Manage time appropriately each day in order to follow up with customers and contacts as well as meet deadlines consistently
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with peers and business partners.
• The above duties may not be all-inclusive
• Maintain up to date registration on the NMLS.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge of lending products, Bank policies, procedures, and governmental regulations pertaining to residential mortgage loans. Sales oriented with a facility for business development and the ability to cross-sell bank products, when necessary. A friendly and outgoing manner, with the ability to deal persuasively and effectively with prospective and existing customers and with people in the community. Excellent computer skills and good administrative and follow-through skills.
• Previous experience in originating loans to secondary market.
• Previous experience dealing with secondary market and compliance issue, especially HMDA.
• College-level courses in accounting, credit analysis, and para-legal matters pertaining to lending.
• Computer literacy.
Valid through: 6/6/2021