The Direct Lending Officer isresponsible for assisting the customer with friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and accurate services during the course of mortgage homeloan originations. Every time a Direct Lending Officer speaks with a current or potential customer, they have an opportunity to establish a new customer relationship or build upon a current customer’s personal and business relationship with Flagstar Bank. In doing so they are able to provide the fair and professional service that instills customer loyalty and allows the Bank to grow its customer base. This individual will beresponsible for interviewing customers, analyzing customer data, originating mortgageloans, and caring for the process throughloanclosing.
- Originate mortgage loans that meet Flagstar bank credit and underwriting requirements. Perform all origination tasks in accordance with industry and regulatory guidelines and requirements. Achieve sales and referral goals by developing a one-of-a-kind customer experience. Refer clients to other Flagstar business partners so that they may explore obtaining additional financial products and services that Flagstar offers (i.e. retailbanking products, investments, commercial services). Answer calls from the queue and follow up on Flagstar.com Internet leads and make outbound calls. Proactively seek ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to achieve departmental and personal goals. Meet monthly goals, including, but not limited to: applications taken, lead conversion rates, applications closed, and calls/internet leads volume.
- Provide status updates and assist processing with the collection of any trailing borrow documentation needed to complete loan processing and closing. Facilitate communications with the borrower and real estate agents, and keep both informed throughout the process.
- Attend Flagstar required production meetings. Attend/complete all Flagstar and industry required training. Actively participate in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- 1+ year(s) of working in the Direct to Consumer origination business preferred
- Upon successful hiring, must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a unique identified for the NMLS
- Ideal candidate would have some business/professionalexperience
- Sales experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to customers over the phone
- Desire and willingness to call on prospective and existing clients for sales opportunities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology.