Senior Liferay Developer
Location: Rockville, MD
The Senior Liferay Developer designs, develops, extends, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys Enterprise Liferay Portal and components to support business requirements. He/ she must follow approved software development life cycle methodologies (RUP/ SCRUM) and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
· Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
· Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
· Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
· Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
· Design, Develop and Extend Enterprise Liferay Portal in WebLogic for using Liferay as required by customer
· As a Document Management System for other applications,
· With Single-Sign On capability,
· As a Dashboard to deploy Business Intelligence components developed in BI tools like QlikView, IZENDA, Pentaho, Oracle Reports, BIRT Reports via Single-Sign On,
· As a Dashboard to link to other applications via Single-Sign On,
· With User Accounts, Roles and Access settings, and
· With Document Review Workflow development
· Applies Liferay and Java standard coding practices and industry standards.
· Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in Liferay portal design and development concepts, practices, and procedures using Java/J2EE is required.
· Hands-on development, deployment, testing, and systems support experience on Liferay portal in a Weblogic environment is required.
· Hands-on experience using Liferay Development Studio and Eclipse for developing enterprise code & web services is required.
· Hands-on experience integrating other J2EE applications (Struts/ JSF) with Liferay either through Single-Sign On or via Web Services is required.
· Experience Liferay site structure (XML), Liferay themes & templates is required.
· Experience administering Enterprise Liferay Portal and components is required.
· Experience with Liferay 7.0 is preferred.
· Ability to work with UI framework tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI.
· Knowledge of software lifecycle methodology – Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and SCRUM/ Agile methodologies.
· Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 processes.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· 6-8 years of recent experience with the following technologies is required:
· Enterprise Liferay Portal/ Application/ Workflow/ Services Development
· Oracle Weblogic, Apache HTTP