Direct Category Manager
The Module Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for managing the team who provides program management support for an outsourced manufacturing supplier and strategic supplier alliance contracts. This person will help develop and execute Key & Strategic modules/components supply strategy and will direct communications between Lexmark and the external supply base. This person is responsible for the results of the team with regard to cost savings, supplier negotiations supplier performance management, new supplier development, supplier load planning, contract management and execution, productivity programs and product delivery strategy. This role must drive standardized processes, procedures and strategic direction to assure global consistency of methodologies and assurance of execution of Lexmark business objectives.
- Responsible for overall team performance on key objectives for cost savings, quality improvement and delivery execution.
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
- Deep understanding of spend and market trends for all managed segments
- Uses total cost and process-oriented approach to solve sourcing issues and develop long term supply arrangements
- Develops and manages sourcing process from RFx and NPI (New Product Introduction) through production phase to product EOL (End of Life) in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment.
- Leads the development, implementation and alignment of global sourcing strategies for key suppliers
- Effectively interfaces with development engineering and supply chain operations
- Applies broad, diverse supply management expertise
- Manages outsourcing decisions where appropriate.
- Challenges conventional wisdom by demonstrating strategic sourcing alternatives.
- Strong understanding of complex contract issues.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Manages high profile, key and strategic supplier business relationships
- Implements a program for supplier performance measurement and ongoing cost tracking of the global supply network
- Understands the supply base to continuously identify potential new supply partners
- Develop and apply consistent contractual terms and conditions across the supply network.
- Accomplished negotiator
- Strategic and financial Acumen
- Self Starter
- Process minded
- Proven ability to deliver results with speed
- Collaborative, team player
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- At least 7-10 years of strategic sourcing experience including managing cross functional change and broad business exposure.
- BS required, MBA a plus.
- Expert in influencing across functional and regional boundaries.
- Responsible for overall team performance. Strategic liaison between Global Sourcing and divisions.
- International procurement experience with Asia purchasing a plus.
- Broad functional exposure across Supply Management activities to include new product design and launch, material planning, contract negotiation and management, logistics planning, supplier qualification and performance management and customer program integration.