GCI's Director Wireless & Switch Network Operations, provide leadership and management for GCI’s cellular voice, data, and network voice switch platforms. Recommend actions for continuous improvement of GCI’s wireless and switch operation. Ensure that all network assets and facilities supporting wireless and switch architectures are maintained to meet the expected life cycles.
Essential Duties of Position:
- This is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area; has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable; works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies. Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- Communication of company vision, initiatives and strategic goals to employees within the department. Create and foster a collaborative work environment
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations, makes recommendations for personnel advancement and salary increases. Provide timely annual performance reviews to all direct reports, and ensure that all employees within the department receive annual performance reviews on time. Responsible for team results and recommends and /or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination. Maintains union free workforce through effective communication and regular feedback to employees regarding their performance against expectations, and use of effective performance recognition of groups involved.
- Oversee development of career plans for all employees in the operations department.
- Creates a professional work environment for operations personnel. Mentors less experienced managers and supervisors. Encourages professional development and continuing education for all employees.
- Provide operational management and support of wireless cellular voice/data technologies, WiFi, and voice switching networks ensuring that all networks meet availability and performance metrics. Provide Tier-2 support for all operational networks.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators and recommend actions for performance improvement. Collaborate with engineering department to develop and distribute network KPI reports to internal and external customers. Ensure network trouble tickets are managed to provide assignment, dispatch and resolution within department or external customer SLA timelines.
- Create, maintain, and implement operation plans for each network. Operations plans include documented preventative and emergency maintenance processes and procedures, staffing, training, safety, and reporting of operational status of all networks per documented performance SLA. Ensure that wireless switch facilities remain in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support Regulatory in evaluating and responding to Notices of Proposed Rulemaking by the FCC, state compliance, and other federal compliance requirements.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers in defining Service Level Requirements.
Responsible for operational and capital budget development and management under department and company guidelines. Provide financially efficient stewardship for all approved capital and operating budgets.