Director of Wireless Products will provide leadership for a team charged with the responsibility for product strategy, product development, on-going life-cycle management, and the overall market success of assigned products & services.
This is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable; works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies. Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- In consultation with company leadership, develop and document a strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Develop a 5 yr high level product roadmap and associated capital plan and operating forecast.
- Evaluate new opportunities and concepts submitted by staff and stakeholders for roadmap inclusion.
- In support of 5 year strategy, develop and regularly maintain 24 month tactical development roadmap for assigned products and services.
- Coordinate with other Portfolio Directors and Marketing to align efforts and ensure GCI’s products co-exist coherently
- Oversee the development of business cases, product pricing and supporting models, product requirements, launch plans, operating models, product documentation, and negotiate contracts for products within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned products and services maintain both legal and security compliance.
Portfolio Life-Cycle Management:
- Develop and present routine portfolio performance reviews to insure both customer experience and financial goals are being met.
- Develop and maintain on-going vendor relationships to insure product stability and maximize product financial performance.
- Oversee the management and resolution of material product defects and issues that get escalated from other parts of the organization.
- Ensure product documentation is kept current as changes to services are made.
- Oversee on-going changes to operating, capital, and subscriber forecasts for assigned areas and services.
- Oversee management of end-of-life activities for assigned services.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation of portfolio products and optimization of products with respect to their lifecycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience - Proven experience with retail & small business cellular/mobiletelecommunications products and services.
- Team Development - Demonstrated ability to lead a team to high levels of performance while maintaining personal growth for employees.
- Financial Analysis - Demonstrated experience leading teams in the development of business cases and/or complex customer proposals.
- Persuasion - Demonstrated ability to influence key corporate decision makers while maintaining relationships.
- Leadership- ability to lead a multi-function organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees.
- Analysis- ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Organization- the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
- Communication - Must have the ability to articulate design and technical information, verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers.
- Minimum of twelve years of professional experience of increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas; Product Management/Development, Engineering, Product Marketing, Operations or Service Delivery.
- Minimum of five years supervisory/management experiencerequired.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required. In addition to minimum experiencerequired, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field may substitute on a year for year basis for professional experience.
Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued Physical Requirements: Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions and ability to lift and carry up to (25) lbs. Working Conditions: Most activities conducted inside under pleasant climatic conditions. Work can be intense and stressful due to time/resource limitations when scheduling multiple tasks with inflexible deadlines. Travel for business and training purposes may be required. Must be able to deal with employee issues that include conflict. May at times have to deal with upset customers. Must be available a large percentage of the time or provide for back up. May get phone calls after hours and must be able to deal with 7x24 network issues that may arise. The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be required to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.