- In consultation with company leadership, develop and document a strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Develop a 5 yr high level product roadmap and associated capital plan and operating forecast.
- Evaluate new opportunities and concepts submitted by staff and stakeholders for roadmap inclusion.
- In support of 5 year strategy, develop and regularly maintain 24 month tactical development roadmap for assigned products and services.
- Coordinate with other Portfolio Directors and Marketing to align efforts and ensure GCI’s products co-exist coherently
- Oversee the development of business cases, product pricing and supporting models, product requirements, launch plans, operating models, product documentation, and negotiate contracts for products within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned products and services maintain both legal and security compliance.
Portfolio Life-Cycle Management:
- Develop and present routine portfolio performance reviews to insure both customer experience and financial goals are being met.
- Develop and maintain on-going vendor relationships to insure product stability and maximize product financial performance.
- Oversee the management and resolution of material product defects and issues that get escalated from other parts of the organization.
- Ensure product documentation is kept current as changes to services are made.
- Oversee on-going changes to operating, capital, and subscriber forecasts for assigned areas and services.
- Oversee management of end-of-life activities for assigned services.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation of portfolio products and optimization of products with respect to their lifecycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience - Proven experience with retail & small business cellular/mobile telecommunications products and services.
- Team Development - Demonstrated ability to lead a team to high levels of performance while maintaining personal growth for employees.
- Financial Analysis - Demonstrated experience leading teams in the development of business cases and/or complex customer proposals.
- Persuasion - Demonstrated ability to influence key corporate decision makers while maintaining relationships.
- Leadership - ability to lead a multi-function organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees.
- Analysis - ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Organization - the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
- Communication - Must have the ability to articulate design and technical information, verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers.
- Minimum of twelve years of professional experience of increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas; Product Management/Development, Engineering, Product Marketing, Operations or Service Delivery.
- Minimum of five years supervisory/management experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required. In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field may substitute on a year for year basis for professional experience.