Essential Duties of Position: This is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable; works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies.
- Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- Foster teamwork in support of procedures, strategic initiatives and policy.
Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establish and communicates clear performance expectations; and make recommendations for salary increases.
- Provides timely, accurate and thorough Performance Reviews for supervised employees and recommends and/or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination and responsible for team results.
- In consultation with company leadership, develop and document a strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Develop a five-year high-level product roadmap and associated capital plan and operating forecast.
- Evaluate new opportunities and concepts submitted by staff and stakeholders for roadmap inclusion.
- In support of five-year strategy, develop and regularly maintain 24-month tactical development roadmap for assigned products and services.
- Coordinate with other Portfolio Directors and Marketing to align efforts and ensure GCI’s products co-exist coherently.
- Oversee the development of business cases, product pricing and supporting models, product requirements, launch plans, operating models, product documentation, and negotiate contracts for products within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned products and services maintain both legal and security compliance.
Portfolio Life-Cycle Management:
- Develop and present routine portfolio performance reviews to insure both customer experience and financial goals are being met.
- Develop and maintain on-going vendor relationships to insure product stability and maximize product financial performance.
- Oversee the management and resolution of material product defects and issues that get escalated from other parts of the organization.
- Ensure product documentation is kept current as changes to services are made.
- Oversee on-going changes to operating, capital, and subscriber forecasts for assigned areas and services.
- Oversee management of end-of-life activities for assigned services.
- Oversee ongoing evaluation of portfolio products and optimization of products with respect to their lifecycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire through progressive management skills, to high levels of performance while maintaining moral and personal growth for employees.
- Proven experience with consumer and/or hospitality video products and services including familiarity with common OTT video services and IP delivery systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams in developing business cases and or complex customer proposals.
- Demonstrated experience selling to and maintaining relationships with key corporate decision makers.
- Excellent people skills - ability to manage performance, motivation, and counseling of different levels of employees in a varied Engineering and Technical environment.
- Leadership - ability to lead a multi-function organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees.
- Analytical skills - ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Organizational skills - the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written.
- Must be able to articulate design and technical information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers.
Experience required for the Director, Video Products:
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional experience of increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas;
- Product Management/Development
- Product Marketing
- Operations or Service Delivery.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory/management experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required.
- In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field may substitute on a year for year basis for professional experience.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued.