To facilitate, test and validate the effective delivery of new technical and product solutions to our customers, this individual will lead a multi-geography, technical team that operates as readily within laboratory environments as it does in early-launch customer environments. Directs staff and priorities, coordinates and facilitates critical and complex test and validation of new technical and product solutions for the business for on and off shore staff. Support global regions in testing, process, standards, reporting, automation and tools. Develops long term strategic plans to improve productivity and cost effectiveness of the organization. Strong partnerships and collaboration with development and the business is required
- Collaborate with all areas of Information Technology and the business globally in integrating solutions and validating that they are ready for customer deployment. This leader must help CenturyLink deliver the careful balance between speed to market and high-quality delivery. In most cases this will require that the Test and Integration team facilitate deeper collaboration between the product, technology, segment and operations teams ? and with the vendors whose solutions provide the foundation of implementation. Beyond the development process, however, this leader will also be responsible for validating in-life changes, whether motivated by new hardware or new software, to drive consistent, high-quality services delivery.
- Perhaps more importantly, this leader will help their team establish the crucial operational acceptance practices that ensure efficient transition from development to in-life management under full operational control. This leader will act as the final quality assurance check prior to operational acceptance to ensure that only quality solutions are delivered to the customer.
- The Test and Integration Leader will have 10+ years?experience in relevant leadership roles. In rare instances, relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of formal qualifications. Effective delivery and development will be the primary focus of the role, but critical communications and motivation skills are mandatory. Proven experience in direct and matrix management is critical as this individual will drive change across the organization.
- A preference will be placed on proven hands-on, entrepreneurial leadership with a comfort in agile, iterative or test-driven development approaches. The ability to lead through rapid prototype development, to early in-lab and successive in-field validation will be crucial. A focus on holistic, cross-functional development and integration will be required. Timely, high-quality execution is paramount, so demonstrated effectiveness as a project or program leader is also required.
- Bachelor?s Degree
- 10+Years?experience leading software test teams and IT projects
- Strong written and verbal skills to present, interface and build relationships with external customers
- Experience with complex IT systems and project delivery across all phases of the SDLC
- Experience in evaluating customer eco-systems to recommend solutions to complex IT problems
- Experience with IT Testing, Release Management and DevOps processes and tools
- Experience with application migrations from on premise environments migrating to a hosted or cloud environment
- Experience writing and reviewing proposals and statement of work documentation with evaluation of financials
- Experience managing IT resources on and offshore
- Experience interfacing with other IT teams on solutions, such as infrastructure, cloud, consulting, application maintenance, application development, production support and program management teams