GCI's Senior Director Internet Products provides leadership for a team charged with the responsibility for product strategy, product development, on-going life-cycle management, and the overall market success of assigned products & services.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Product Strategy:
- In consultation with company leadership, develop and document a strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Develop a long-term product roadmap, associated capital plan and operating forecast.
- Develop a long-term product roadmap, associated capital plan, and operating forecast.
- Evaluate new opportunities and concepts submitted for roadmap inclusion.
- In support of a long-term strategy, develop and regularly maintain a short-term tactical development roadmap for assigned.
- Coordinate with other Product Management Portfolio Directors and other departments to align efforts to ensure the coherence of GCI's product offerings.
- Portfolio Development:
- Oversee the development of business cases, product pricing models, product requirements, launch plans, operating models and product documentation.
- Negotiate contracts for products within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that assigned products and services maintain both legal and security compliance.
- Portfolio Life-Cycle Management:
- Develop and present routine portfolio performance reviews to ensure that customer experience and financial goals are met.
- Develop and maintain on-going vendor relationships to ensure product stability and maximize product financial performance.
- Oversee the management and resolution of material product deficits and issues escalated from other parts of the organization.
- Ensure product documentation is kept current as changes and subscribers forecasts for assigned products.
- Oversee the management of end-of-life activities for assigned products.
- Oversee the ongoing evaluation and optimization of portfolio products during each life cycle stage (launch, growth, harvest, retire, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience - Proven experience with retail & small business cellular/mobile telecommunications products and services.
- Financial Analysis - Demonstrated experience leading teams in the development of business cases and/or complex customer proposals.
- Persuasion - Demonstrated ability to influence key corporate decision makers while maintaining relationships.
- Analysis - ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Organization - the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
- Communication - Must have the ability to articulate design and technical information, verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers.
Experience required for the Senior Director of Internet Products:
- A minimum of fifteen years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas:
- Product Management/Development
- Product Marketing
- Service Delivery
- A minimum of five years of supervisory/management experience required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis is required.
- In addition to minimum experience required, a degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A Master's degree in relevant field may substitute, on a year-for-year basis, for professional experience.
- Industry specific certifications are highly valued.