The Director, Regulatory Affairs, is responsible for oversight, coordination and leadership of the Regulatory Relations Analyst Team. This involves interactions with the various regulatory agencies. This position reports to and works closely with the SVP, Regulatory Affairs/Government Relations to improve the Company’s reputation among regulators and determine appropriate responses to changes in the regulatory environment along with reviewing and reporting on compliant trends and issues throughout the enterprise. This position also works in a collaborative manner with all levels of management and executives within functional business areas to develop a strategy for addressing the root cause of issues pertaining to regulatory activity and potential risks.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and direction to the Regulatory Relations Analyst team.
- Provides feedback and strategy on improvement actions.
- Advises on risk mitigation strategies to reduce likelihood and impact of regulatory inquires and exams.
- Builds and maintains relationships with regulators and represents the organization in front of high profile regulators.
- Builds and maintains relationships with managers and executives to respond to regulatory requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides guidance to executives of functional business areas on strategies to address root cause(s) of market conduct issues.
- Monitors and evaluates industry and regulatory developments, surveys the potential impact on the organization and recommends an appropriate enterprise response to any changes in the regulatory environment.
- Bachelors Business related field and Juris Doctorate
- Professional designation (MCM, APIR, FLMI, CPA, etc.) required
- 7+ years of experience in the Insurance Industry including management level Audit, Legal, or Compliance experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong background in QA applicable to insurance industry
- Proven experience with insurance operations audits/reviews
- Understands interrelationships between the various functions within the company
- Ability to discern critical from non-essential information
- Ability to direct teams and encourage collaboration between them
- Ability to influence stakeholders at multiple levels within the enterprise
- Ability to manage and mentor staff by sharing insights, instilling CNO’s values and teaching technical skills
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills to successfully perform in a senior leadership role and interact with insurance industry regulators
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and quickly establish credibility
- Capable of generating a high degree of respect and trust to develop strong relationships with all levels of management and industry regulators
- High personal standards and professional ethics with a commitment to excellence
- People-oriented with strong work ethic
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong aptitude for networking and relationship building
- Excellent problem-solving skills.