Establishes and implements real estate policies, strategies, and practices that support real estate portfolios and growth initiatives. Directs strategic real estate activities, portfolios, plans transaction execution. Provide direction on real estate activities.
- Direct, coordinate and manage all real estate related activities for the UCHealth.
- Provide strategic recommendations to reduce operating expense liabilities and maximize capital generating opportunities
- Negotiate all system level real estate transactions on behalf of UCHealth
- Leads monthly meetings with UCHealth leadership to provide real estate updates and recommendations
- Provide portfolio reports and deal specific presentations to system leadership
- Communicate real estate policies and procedures to regional and system leadership teams
- Manage regional real estate teams, providing guidance and recommendations; attend regional real estate meetings each month
- Coordinate and oversee all expense and income real estate payment processes for the system, working closely with AP and AR on a monthly basis
- Oversees UCHealth system property and personal tax payments, with the ongoing goal of reducing liabilities
- Maintain an accurate and updated real estate lease management database platform (Visual Lease)
- Work with the real estate legal team to review all real estate documents prior to seeking leadership approval
- Work with UCHealth legal and compliance teams to manage real estate-related and Stark & Anti-kickback risk
- Coordinate with Facilities and Construction teams for all property-related issues or capital improvements
- Maintain a close working relationship with UCHealth regional CFOs and COOs to assist in deal flow with regional real estate teams
- Communicate regular portfolio updates with Finance, Accounting, Facilities, Legal, Risk/Insurance and Compliance teams
- Manage all 3rd party consultant and brokerage relationships for the health system
- Maintain a close working relationship with all large landlord and tenant contacts
Reports To: VP of Facilities, Construction and Design
Direct Reports: Real Estate Specialists, Real Estate Manager, RMI Capital Management
Work Schedule: FT Days
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum Experience: 10 years of experience to include healthcare and real estate.