Directs, coordinates and monitors the Quality Management program for the Sparks Health System. Ensures compliance with regulatory bodies and accrediting agency requirements. Coordinates quality improvement activities and patient safety initiatives. Provides consulting and education related to accrediting agency standards and reviews all documentation to support The Joint Commission's requirements for performance improvement.
• Assist the Chief Quality Officer (CQO) in providing leadership to impact quality improvement, patient safety initiatives, while maintaining regulatory, compliance and quality accreditations.
• Provides consulting and education related to accrediting agency standards and reviews all documentation to support the Joint Commission's requirements for performance improvement.
• Identifies and reports practice patterns and trends.
• Leads and directs all quality management activities for the hospital including patient care and relations, safety, performance improvement, and infection control.
• Develops strategic plans and policies for improved quality throughout the hospital and works with top management to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Other duties as assigned.
• The Quality Director will interact with multiple departments within the hospital as assigned position reports directly to the CQO and in the absence of the CQO, the Quality Director may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.
Current license to practice in the state of AR as a Registered Nurse.
Prefer Bachelor's degree in related field
Five years of experience in quality related activities.
Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters.