Kings County Hospital Center has a rich legacy for its pioneering role in medicine. Today, with over 625 beds, our hospital remains on the cutting edge of technology and provides the most modern procedures with state-of-the-art equipment. Built in 1831 as a one room infirmary for publicly supported care of the sick, Kings County Hospital Center continues to be a leading healthcare facility whose mission is to provide care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. The hospital provides a wide range of health services, and specialties are offered in all fields of modern medicine. More than 200 clinics provide a wide array of ambulatory care services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop the appropriate organizational structure for the Revenue CycleTeam.
- Develops key performance indicators to identify trends, track results, and identify opportunities for process improvement, enhanced performance and maximized revenue.
- Plan and coordinate department efforts in process improvement activities while driving standardization of work flows (best practices). Continually promotes and foster a positive patient experience, continuity of care, and adequate provision of services to all patients served at the facility
- Manage and oversee the Patient Account Billing and Follow-up department(s); responsible for personnel function such as “hiring the best fit”, ensuring prospective employees’ values are aligned with the facility and system.
- Conduct regular and periodic meetings with the team, to ensure Revenue Cycle Goals and objective are adhere to, and prescribed deadlines and schedules are met.
- Conduct and implement a “Performance Improvement Program”, through the following:
- Performance coaching for staff who fail to perform and deliver the prescribed and committed level of performance output and standards.
- Performance counseling for staff with behavioral/attitude problems. Implement the necessary guidelines on discipline for erring employees, in accordance with established corporate policies, rules and regulations, due process, and government regulations.
- Performance mentoring for high potential staff, capable of assuming bigger responsibilities and expanding roles.
- Design and develop training programs that are relevant and necessary for the continuous development of the technical competencies of the staff.
- Conduct training programs and act as subject matter expert on training programs pertaining to the Revenue Cycle team.
- Develop and formulate in unison with the Revenue Cycle lead for the system, performance measures and standards for the team as a basis for conducting annual performance assessments.
- Review and evaluate the performance of the team, on regular and periodic basis, and ensure the overall performance of the team is on-track, and within pre-established goals and objectives.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration with all supporting disciplines in the revenue cycle.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of all regulatory agencies.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in health care administration, business or other related field, or equivalent required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in health care management, such as but not limited to clinic management, patient management and accounts receivable.
- Strong background in financial management and knowledgeable of federal and state law(s) and requirements relating to healthcare management.