This position will be responsible for developing innovative product solutions that bring value to both clients and consumers for Harland Clarke. In this role, you will responsible for driving the organization’s lending strategy and leadership of HC’s product portfolio management for all Consumer and Small Business products.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
Responsibilities can be found as follows:
· Develop and implement plans and strategies to expand market share, revenue, and profitability objectives for the lending business, while ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory standards and guidelines.
· Keeping abreast of innovations in small business and consumer lending and recommending opportunities for multi-channel product delivery.
· Implement periodic reviews of peer products to ensure pricing, capabilities and customer experience remain competitive.
· Responsible for driving acquisition, cross-selling and retention of SMB products and services, while also assuring the needs of each customer segment are met and providing a platform for growth and profitability of the business
· Influence and drive new lending product development and the continuous utilization and evolution of existing products.
· Manage, in collaboration with Product Management, the customer lifecycle for lending products from marketing, selling, application, origination and on-boarding through usage, servicing and closure.
· Drive cross-sell of Lending products to new and existing customers to meet origination goals and deepen customer relationships.
· Build strong collaboration between Product Management, Marketing and Engineering to define, develop and deliver new and improved products, tools and services required to achieve program objectives.
· Hire, mentor, and grow a first class product management team to develop product roadmaps, articulate the unique value proposition based on a deep understanding of the market trends, competitive threats, voice of customer, and analytics.
· Create a long-term culture and process of integrated (hardware/software/digital) product design.
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
· BCS or equivalent experience is required.
· MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
· 10+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in product management, product development, and marketing in financial services or other relevant service sector industries.
· At least 5 years in a senior manager role.
· Demonstrated experience implementing customer segmentation and channel strategies to increase portfolio growth and profitability across digital product portfolios.
· Demonstrated experience managing analytics for the pricing of product portfolios and optimization.
· Strong ‘end-to-end’ product development/management experience especially across multiple channels specifically within lending.
· Experience in developing initiatives to increase cross-selling, usage, and retention of loan products and services.
· Experience in product life cycle management including development, management and deployment from relevant industry backgrounds.
· Extensive knowledge of relevant operating systems, languages, and environments.
· A high competency in product management best practices and agile development methodologies
· Proven ability to successfully bring new products to market, on-time, on-budget, that achieve success in the marketplace.
· Extraordinary business judgment, team management, communication and interpersonal skills
· A dedication to mentoring and developing a strong team of product owners & designers
· A deep understanding of the product culture.
· An entrepreneurial mindset.
· Superb verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve productive results.
· Extremely disciplined and organized approach to product and project management.
· Proven ability to lead large complex, cross-functional projects with the ability to work effectively across the organization.