Directs and provides overall project management and process improvement expertise to highly visible and multi-faceted projects crossing over multiple service lines. Oversees staff responsible for providing analytical support and applying performance improvement methodologies to assigned service lines and other special project initiatives as deemed appropriate.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs market research and analysis, develops proformas for new services, new procedures and markets, and compiles information into business plan format including financial analysis.
- Provides updates for Organizational Strategic Plan for market growth and business development strategies.
- Provides leadership in performance improvement approaches to creating Performance improvement plans, defining appropriate aims and measures in collaboration with service line leadership
- Utilizes Lean, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies to facilitate improvement initiatives.
- Acts as an ambassador and change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Analyzes and interprets data, operational and procedural problems related to assigned service line projects.
- Develops standard metrics that provide data for process improvement measurement, identifying indicators for future opportunities.
8. Mentors project team members in improvement methods, project management, change management, group dynamics.
9. Implements solutions and develops appropriate monitor and control plans to ensure implementation and hardwiring change.
10. Creates and develops comprehensive improvement plans to address identified improvement opportunities as it relates to the delivery of patient care in the assigned service line project.
11. The project manager will drive process improvement efforts across the service line to achieve significant financial and operational results, as well as patient, physician and employee satisfaction improvements.
- Monitors external trends and how they impact the hospital, as well as provides external context to deliver excellence solutions.
- Researches best practices and national benchmarks to aid in strategic planning for process and service transformation.
- Maintains detailed records of project meetings, status and outcomes.
- Communicates and reports project status to all stakeholders from staff to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, operations science, marketing or related field.
- Five to Seven years of related experience including at least two years working with physicians or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree
- Lean/Six Sigma training