Dir Patient Care - RN - Mother Baby Center
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests.
We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital.
It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more.
With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership for the planning, implementation and improvement of systems and processes that support patient care delivery
- Promotes evidence-based practice, and excellence in patient care, patient safety and patient experience in areas of accountability
- Supports staff engagement at all levels
- Promotes communication and relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that goals for patient care are met in an efficient and effective manner
- Prepares and manages the annual budget, including projecting personnel and supply costs and recommending capital expenditures in areas of accountability, analyzes and manages monthly financial performance against budget
- Oversees all personnel and human resources related activities including hiring, staffing, termination, performance appraisal, salary action, promotion, development, and labor relations
- Identifies and implements performance improvement opportunities
- Manages information; acquires, updates and reconciles data as needed to monitor and analyze results, and assure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards
- Collaborates on Allina-wide, Clinical Service Line, and Mother/Baby initiatives, goals and objectives
- Assures that employees have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to perform safely and effectively in their roles
- BSN/BAN required
- Masters degree in nursing, healthcare leadership, business or relevant area required
- At least one degree must be in nursing
- 5 years direct patient careexperience in acute care setting
- 5 years leadership/management experience in acute healthcare setting, preferred in Mother/Baby, Labor Delivery and/or Post Partum
- Competency in leadership skills as demonstrated through experience and outcomes
- Ability to direct nursing practice activities that support a professional practice environment and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of current best practice approaches to patient care delivery and processes
- Understanding and promotion of the roles of nursing across the continuum of patient care
- Demonstrated competency in financial resource management and benchmarks of staffing effectiveness
- Strategic planning skills to direct and collaborate on program development and systems and process improvements