Moffitt Business Center, 12653 Telecom Drive, Tampa, FL 3363
Hours per Pay Period
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
7 years experience
- This position is responsible for establishing and strategically directing the Organizational Development Function including directing and managing the assessment of organizational needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and services that maximize organizational effectiveness in achieving its strategic goals through the professional development of individuals, teams and the organization as a whole.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Knowledge of and experience with leading edge methods and approaches to creating sustainable competitive advantage through Human Capital (Coaching, Consulting, Facilitation, Succession Planning, Strategy Development and Deployment, Employee Satisfaction and Engagement, Problem Solving, Change Management, etc.).
- Ph.D. in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Industrial & Organizational Psychology or related field preferred. Technical: Analytical Skills and Problem Solving, Strategic and Systems Thinking, Decision Making, Leadership Skills, Presentation Skills, Change Management Skills, Project Management Skills, Broad knowledge of OD concepts, theories and techniques. Behavioral: Strong interpersonal, communication/presentation skills; adaptive to change; responsive to organizational needs; teamwork and customer focus skills..
- Strategically directing the Organizational Development (OD) function and position it as a critical adjunct for achieving business goals.
- Initiate, support and facilitate endeavors to enhance organizational effectiveness through interventions based on structure, programs, processes and services aimed at gaining sustainable competitive advantage.
- Actively promote the assimilation of organizational effectiveness competencies in the Organization through education, partnership and consultation.
- Facilitate/lead change and transition efforts in various parts of the organization to ensure identified goals are fully achieved.
- Facilitate/support/consult on organizational structure design and redesign efforts to ensure the realization of intended business objectives.
- Leverage existing diagnostic tools such as Employee Surveys, Performance Management Tools, and Human Resource Metrics and develop additional methodologies to support effective organizational decision making related to the human capital.
- Support efforts to initiate top grading in the organization to enhance bench strength and the retention of key talent through succession planning, executive development and coaching, etc.
- Facilitate, support and consult on endeavors to engender organizational values across the institution and the creation of a unique organizational culture that gives a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Provide individualized coaching to executives, leadership, faculty and key individual contributors as required to maximize their potential and their contribution to the organization.
- Act as the Organizational Development consultant by developing and maintaining a menu of OD interventions to support organizational effectiveness.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Industrial & Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience and demonstrated success in orchestrating organizational development is required.
- · Experience in the design and conduct of Organizational Development interventions such as team building, workshops, coaching, etc. is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.