Purpose of the Director, Market Alignment Position: Provide strategic leadership for a team with responsibility for alignment of Business Unit needs regarding market strategy, product management, marketing and sales enablement. Collect, synthesize and advocate for Business Unit requirements and ensure alignment between product development teams and Business Units. Coordinate with marketing team to develop common messaging and with Sales Ops to develop strong sales enablement tools and materials. Lead market research efforts to understand customer requirements and user/buyer personas.
Essential Duties of Position:
60% - Cross-organizational alignment:
- Interface with Business Units to define both common and BU-specific marketing & sales enablement requirements
- Represent Business Units directly in Product Development process and ensure flow of information back in to BUs
- Interface to Marketing, Sales Ops and Customer Experience in support of Business Units – help define needs, develop core messaging, support development of MarCom, sales enablement tools and Customer Experience initiatives
- Interface with Product portfolio leads to understand their strategies and roadmaps and develop common messaging, themes, and cross-portfolio synergies
- Support Market Needs Brief development
- Internal communications regarding GCIB products
20% - Strategy and Research:
- Coordinate with otherPortfolio Directors, Marketing and Business Units to align efforts and ensure GCI’s products co-exist coherently
- Act as primary Product representative to user/buyer persona development
- Lead formal market research efforts
- In consultation with department leadership, Business Units and Marketing, develop and document a strategy/approach to provide or support continuous product marketing, market research, and market alignment
- In support of strategy, develop and regularly maintain 24-month tactical development roadmap for product marketing, market research and market alignment activities
20% - Leadership:
- This is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable; works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies.
- Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- Foster teamwork in support of procedures, strategic initiatives and policy.
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establish and communicates clear performance expectations; and make recommendations for salary increases.
- Provides timely, accurate and thorough Performance Reviews for supervised employees and recommends and/or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination and responsible for team results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire through progressive management skills, to high levels of performance while maintaining moral and personal growth for employees.
- Proven experience with telecommunications and managedtechnology products and services.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams in market analysis, developing business cases or complex customer proposals, or developing and managing products.
- Excellent people skills: Ability to manage performance, motivation, and counseling of different levels of employees in a varied Engineering and Technical environment.
- Leadership: Ability to lead a multi-function organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees. Proven ability to lead an organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees in a union free environment. Ability to act as a positive mentor and coach to subordinates and instill a coaching environment in the organization.
- Financial skills: Ability to develop detailed capital and operating budgets for the department. Familiar with reporting and tracking tools necessary to assure budget guidelines meet expectations.
- Analytical skills: Ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions. Demonstrated ability to analyze complex challenging problems and situations leading to optimal solutions.
- Organizational skills: Ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company. Ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
- Excellent communications skills: Excellent verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers.
- People skills: Demonstrated ability to manage performance through motivation and counseling of different levels of employees.
Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional experience of increasing responsibility in one or more of the following areas; Product Management/Development, Engineering, Product Marketing, Operations or Service Delivery.
Minimum five (5) years supervisory/management experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required.
- In addition to minimum experiencerequired, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field may substitute on a year for year basis for professional experience.
- Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.