JOB SUMMARY: Director designation may oversees multiple facilities. Director of Laboratory Services is responsible for overseeing, supervising, and administrating all laboratory activities and coverage, in accordance with established hospital and department policies and standards with fiscal accountability. Will delegate some technical responsibilities to the General La Supervisor or Leads. Will work with the General Lab Supervisor to Orient and provide adequate knowledge I(n administration aspects to assure there are no gaps. Will comply with all criteria mandated by appropriate accrediting and licensing agencies. Special projects or other assignments may be given with expectations to be completed in a specific timeframe.. Meet and consult with Corporate Director of Laboratory Services in policies and procedures, forms, equipment and supplies toward standardization throughout the system. Ensure laboratory compliance with the performance standards set forth by corporate management for laboratory scorecards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING:
1. Starting April 2014, Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred.
2. ASCP Certification in Medical Technology referred.
3. Meeting qualification as Technical Supervisor pursuant to CLIA regulations Subpart M -- Personnel for Nonwaived Testing, sections 493.1423, and 493.1489, and must possess a degree of skill commensurate with individual's education, training or experience and technical abilities.
4. Knowledge and skills of laboratory accreditation standards, computer system, budgeting, general accounting, power point, general statistics, supervision, spreadsheet analysis, word processing, business analysis, quality assurance and management system required.
5. Knowledge and skills in public communication, public speaking, change management, team building, Quality tools, Quality control and preventive action with root cause analysis desired.
6. Possession of a valid state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license as generalist.
7. Minimum 5 years supervisory clinical laboratory experience required.
8. Starting in January 2013 for all new hires, Bachelor's Degreerequired, in a Medical Technology or related scientific field.