Essential Job Functions:
1. Business Partner Satisfaction – Proactively serve as a strategic partner with the business to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand and ensure that the potential business value from those assets and capabilities is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized. Must develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically. Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk. Responsible for surveying the business on how IT performs via a business mapping process.
2.Strategic Planning – Active participant in business strategy, stay current on competitors, determine industry trends and identify opportunities for operational efficiencies.
3. Drive Solutions - Drives consensus for a desired future state that meets the business need and enterprise objectives; Can uncover needs that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own and provide solutions. Ability to manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives. Understands business process complexity; Influences business partner requirements in support of enterprise objectives. Must be able to drive end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
4. Manage Project Portfolio: Ability to manage project intake (pipeline) process according to SDLC policies and procedures. Must be effective at project chartering which includes the process of understanding the business idea and translate that to measurable proposed project benefits, project scope, assumptions, constraints and business value. Be the voice of the customer to help sell the idea to management in order to gain approval for a project; Ability to prioritize projects/enhancements, monitor portfolio health, and communicate to business partner’s status updates throughout execution.
5. Diverse Team Player: Ability to influence and work with project teams and contribute to their targeted project outcome. Highly respected and trusted by project teams with decisions concerning optimizing requirements prioritization. Takes a consistent proactive lead analyst role with projects assigned. Builds long-term relationships with PMO, Business partners, and IT staff to ensure projects are successful.
- Ability to influence executive leadership
- Ability to function independently with little oversight and be self-accountable
- Ability to act as a functional lead over assigned project
- Display drive and purpose while exhibiting leadership stature
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and precise writing techniques
- Strong presentation skills
- Display initiative, effort, and commitment in carrying out strategies
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and guide others toward goal accomplishment
- Acts in a proactive and achievement-oriented, entrepreneurial, manner
- Consistently encourages, develops, sustains, and rewards cooperative working relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst, Project Manager working on complex projects or other related experience