- *Plans, organizes and directs the staff of the multi-function data center responsible for the selection and implementation of system software; formulates policies and procedures necessary to perform development, maintenance and use of software; advises the VP IT on administrative and program policies; develops and implements long-range plans necessary to incorporate technological changes, maintains operational efficiencies and provides adequate customer support; and, establishes and maintains adequate resources necessary for successful operations.
- *Oversight of the day-to-day operational support of various security tools and controls; such as access controls, endpoint protection, anti-virus/malware, data loss prevention, e-mail security, encryption, perimeter firewalls and security log management and monitoring tools.
- *Maintains close liaison with all customers of the unit such as network services, e-business, application development and store technology. Provides for continuous improvement of information technology services and support for end users.
- *Selects and implements new software and modifications without adverse effect on current production and with minimal impact on systems under development.
- *Develops, communicates and executes a formal strategic plan for information technology services that emphasizes reliability, quality of service, innovation, effectiveness and customer relations. Establishes standards for development, maintenance and use of software.
- *Identifies requirements for customized system software and directing acquisition or development of appropriate packages.
- *Conducts performance tuning, capacity planning, and utilization tracking activities on a regular basis, including producing reports for management.
- *Oversees the function and provides a positiveexperiencefor team members as a servant leader.
- Develops the strategic plans and guiding principles for the function.
- Interviews, selects, evaluates and recognizes team member results and actions.
- Promotes a constructive work environment, organizing staff to accomplish work and meets business demands and encouraging initiative and risk taking.
- Provides team with opportunities for on-going self-development.
- Develops annual department and project budgets with monthly P&L review; identifies variances and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related discipline, plus a minimum of ten (10) years of broad and extensive experience in planning, organizing and coordinating information technologysupport activities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Expert-level technical knowledge of complex IT concepts.
Knowledge of current technologies and trends.
· Ability to think strategically and translate to tactical actions.
· Experience with large, multi-platform environment with a significant open system and web component.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, plan and support a technical staff, to meet corporate objectives and implement innovative solutions.
· Demonstrated experience in defining processes, procedures and policies that will ensure measurable results.
· Ability to meet or exceed established service level metrics for system availability.
· Ability to identify appropriate changes to affect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency.
· Strong written and verbal/presentation communication skills.
· Experience in Desktop tools: M/S Office, E-mail
· Extensive experience in technologies including Windows, UNIX, LINUX, LAN/WAN and client technologies (i.e., Java)
· Middleware experience including EDI, ETL and EAI technologies