Plans, implements, and evaluates infection prevention and control measures.
- Monitors and investigates known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control.
- Reviews, analyzes, and implements regulations, standards, and/or guidelines of applicable governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Collaborates in the development and delivery of educational programs and/or tools that relate to infection prevention, control, and epidemiology.
- Reports infection surveillance, prevention and control to local, state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completes an annual infection control risk assessment and hazard vulnerability analysis and draft updates to the Infection Control Plan to incorporate any changes reflected in the assessments. Coordinates the process to complete administrative review and approval of the revised Plan.
- Co-chair sthe infection control committee with the infection control medical director. Provides staff support to meet the committees goals. Represents the department in emergency management, environmental safety, and quality and patient safety committees and project teams. Presents infection control data and information to other hospital and Medical Staff committees.
- Serves as a consultant on infection control issues for SAH personnel and physicians in patient care and support services areas, including the application of Standard Precautions, Isolation, sterilization and/or decontamination techniques, the Bloodborne Pathogen Plan, the Tuberculosis Exposure Control Plan, and associate exposure investigations. Assist with the design and initiation of focused studies as requested, and assist in the evaluation of studies.
- Leads and participates in performance improvement activities related to infection control, including data collection, data analysis, and internal reporting.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Eligible to receive Certificate in Infection Control (CIC).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelorof Science
- Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Medical Technology, or Microbiology Preferred: Master of Science in Public Health or otherhealthcare field
- Required: 3 years of experience in field of expertise (nursing, public health, lab) or additional experience in Infection Control. Preferred: 5 years of experience in field of expertise (nursing, public health, lab) or additional experience in infection control.