This is a full-time, exempt/salary position on UCHealth's HIM Operations team based in Aurora, Colorado.
Directs the department's activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Certified as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information management Association (AHIMA) required.
- Leadership experience in a large healthcare system