The Director, ESG Reporting is responsible for the development of PayPal’s ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) public disclosures, including an annual report, proactive communications, and responding to inbound ESG inquiries on behalf of PayPal.
The ESG Reporting Lead is responsible for the development of PayPal’s ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) public disclosures, including an annual report, proactive communications, and responding to inbound ESG inquiries on behalf of PayPal. This is a role that requires a thorough understanding of various ESG topics and reporting frameworks. Working across various business units, the ESG Reporting Lead will be responsible for coordinating the collection and monitoring of relevant ESG data to supportinternal and external reporting, and supporting respective ESG strategies, goals, and targets. This position will report into the VP, ESG/Company Secretary.
Primary job responsibilities
- Leverage knowledge of market practices to continue to evolve PayPal’s approach to ESG reporting, including alignment with reporting frameworks (GRI, SASB, etc), disclosure boundaries, and methodologies.
- Establish an operating rhythm in collaboration with ESG stakeholders and support the adoption of measurement/tracking systems and processes.
- Help track performance metrics, and prepare internal reports for senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and publishing of PayPal’s annual disclosure in collaboration with Environmental Sustainability, Social Innovation, and Governance leads. Liaise with functional teams on the centralizing and analyzing data.
- Work with Corporate Affairs, Investor Relations, and E, S and G leads to review and respond to inbound requests from ratings and reporting agencies, current or potential business partners, investors, media and other stakeholders.
- Oversee company responses to surveys, award applications, and questionnaires, and support the development of pro-active communications and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead a cross-functional working group to achieve PayPal’s ESG disclosure and communication objectives. Coordinate bi-annual executive leadership briefings.
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to distill and communicate technical information in a concise manner
- Experienced in corporate ESG/sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reporting and communications and the preparation of annual ESG/sustainability/CSR reports
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, ESG/sustainability/CSR reporting frameworks. E.g., GRI, SASB, CDP, DJSI, TCFD
- Comfortable navigating through large organizations and proactively working withinternal and external stakeholders to achieve ESG reporting objectives
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams across geographical regions
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA or JDpreferred
- 10-12 minimum years work experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.