$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
What You'll Do
The role of Director, Enterprise Fraud Operations will have strategic oversight and leadership responsibilities of a department focused on fraud prevention for multiple payment types utilized by UMB customers. The person in this role will have a thorough understanding of transaction fraud that can impact a financial services institution and experience building and leading teams with an emphasis on fraud prevention, claims, program management, data analysis & strategy, and fraud training for front line staff. Areas of focus will include Card (Debit and Credit), Check, Digital Online Banking, Mobile, Wire, ACH & P2P. Additional fraud risk is embedded within operations for departments such as Mortgage and Consumer Loans and will expand as our business evolves. The Director will work with business partners to educate, maintain industry knowledge and partner with management in these areas to ensure appropriate technology and controls exist to protect the organization from increased risk. Effectiveness in this role also calls for partnership with an IT Fraud Management team, Line of Business partners, BSA/AML, Financial Crimes Unit, Corporate Compliance, Information Security, Credit/Risk and others to provide nimble fraud operations solutions that can adapt with changing business needs. The Director position will play an active role with Sr Leadership in the implementation of an enterprise fraud platform as the organization moves closer to a real-time payment's environment. In doing so, this leader must identify opportunities to collapse current siloed functions in to an enterprise model increasing efficiency and providing improved client and associate experience, and must ensure processes and procedures are well documented and maintained for accuracy, capacity plans are established and kept current for changing business needs, and a culture of inclusiveness and staff development makes the department a desired destination for internal and external applicants. Lastly, the person in this role must build and maintain trust with Executive Management through telling the story of fraud for the organization. This requires partnering with an IT Fraud Manager, BSA/AML Director and others to create a data reporting structure that allows for Executive Summaries to be created that clearly identify key elements such as fraud prevented, fraud losses (transactions and dollar amounts) and recoveries. In addition, this individual demonstrates an awareness of what is occurring in the industry through participation in fraud consortiums, counsels, task forces, etc. to provide updates on where new risks are emerging and the direction the organization should consider for investments in future fraud mitigation tools. The expectation is this work will be executed in a manner that abides by all applicable regulatory guidelines and always keeps the customer experience in the forefront of every decision.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years Financial Services Experience
- Eight (8) years holding a Senior position within fraud management for a financial services organization
¿ Knowledgeable with relevant banking related regulations
- Experience with implementing enterprise fraud mitigation platforms
- Experience in the following disciplines: Card, Check, Online banking, ACH, Wire, Deposit, P2P and Loan fraud
In this Role, You will Need
- Effective utilization of communication skills introducing new ways of thinking to apply new tools and processes, refining evaluative metrics and to constantly establish new baselines of performance providing value for decisions that impact fraud operations for the enterprise.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business operations, risk processes and controls, and problem solving with the capability to engage senior managers in credible solution-development dialogue.
- Proven experience in attracting and developing industry leading talent.
- Proven abilities to manage complex programs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a varying level of personnel from executive management to front line personnel as well as vendors and partners that UMB engages.
- Must be goal-oriented and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at project planning, organizing, team motivation and delegation, pursues information to reduce uncertainty and learns how to improve performance.
- Must have excellent leadership presence to manage areas that impact organization of work distribution, scope management, issue management, risk management, resource management and time management skills.
- Must be able to facilitate and manage complex issues and challenging situations.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions that are fact and data based in high pressure scenario's that require swift action. Telling the story of fraud in a manner that Executive Management will understand and support in time when change is needed.
- Support and maintain a PCI compliant work environment.
Valid Through: 2019-9-10