The Director, Digital Marketing & Paid Media – Americas is a key member of the Americas’ Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing (DLP) team responsible for managing the digital marketing strategies, including media buying and planning initiatives across the Americas and specifically focused on performance for CALA and Canada. This role will devise plans for paid media, digitalmerchandising and creative while ensuring campaigns stay within budget and meet performance goals based on regional nuances throughout The Americas. The Director will partner closely with BMD Americas stakeholders and collaborate with key global stakeholders including the Global Media COE, CX/Analytics, Global Loyalty and Global Digital.
Education and Experience
- 4-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration, marketing and/or advertising required; advanced degree in Business or related area preferred
8 years of relevant professional experience in consumer marketing, performance marketing, paid media, advertising and/or social media, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Key Skills and Experiences
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese required
- Director-level experiencepreferred.
- Digital Marketing and paid media experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience or knowledge of search engine marketing, ad exchanges and demand-side platforms (DSPs), digital media and online distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
- Hotel property experience and/or hotel field marketing experience .
- Proven experience with Performance digital marketing and metric optimization approaches.
- Demonstrated CRM/Personalization experience.
- Demonstrated experience development large new strategies and leading their cross-functional implementation through an organization.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrix environment.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with digital measurement, tracking methods, and analysis.
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Effective written and oral communications skills. Sensitivity to global communication needs.
- Demonstrated strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Experience leading direct reports and cross functional teams.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and can influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
Core Work Activities
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Drives pull through of digital strategy for the Americas and leads various marketing initiatives and customer experiences in alignment with in-scope regional objectives i.e. CALA and Canada.
- Partners with the Continent regional teams, Field Marketing, Global Digital and Global Marketing Optimization team to lead the strategy and execution of the Americas of the comprehensive digital eco-system consisting of dedicated websites, Marriott.com, and other Marriott digital touch points such as mobile with a focus on CALA and Canada.
- Provides strategic market insights on Digital matters/opportunities to the Corporate Digital team and to the Regional leadership team(s).
- Develops appropriate digital marketing strategies for regional nuances based on regional BMD stakeholders i.e. CALA and Canada.
- Identify and execute performance digital marketing strategies in coordination with marketing, brand, loyalty, revenue management and sales departments across Americas (US, Canada & CALA), with close alignment and accountability to the Americas Topline Planning Process (TPP)
- Lead planning and execution of Americas continent paid media strategies, working directly with the Global agency of record when applicable; monitors media plans that are executed by the agency
- Manages agency relationships to verify processes are followed, deadlines are met and expectations are managed.
- Analyzes trend/performance for regional performance campaigns to measure success and establish best practices, working in collaboration with the Americas Analytics team
- Leverages opportunities regarding partner testing, budget optimization, channel optimization, new media partner identification, etc.
- Responsible for “owning” applicable audience segmentation based on campaign performance objectives
- Harmonizes strategies across global, brand, loyalty, continent and field marketing performance media
- Aligns with Global Media COE media strategies to complement rather than compete with existing or pending media efforts.
- Builds successful relationships with key stakeholders and supports continent communication pertaining to paid media best practices and opportunities through approved continent tools and channels
Job Number 19000VXW