Leads and directs compliance activities and resources.
- Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures corresponding to professional standards of conduct, as well as applicable federal, state and local laws. Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures taken to meet applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops and administers long and short-term business strategies reflecting the divisional strategic plan.
- Approves promotions, demotions, hiring/terminations, and has direct authority for paying and status changes for associates or groups of associates within business unit.
- Implements cost savings procedures, while increasing product and service delivery within a business unit.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation.F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Conduct or authorize and oversee investigations of matters that merit investigation under the Compliance Program; facilitate as appropriate with outside legal counsel.
- Directs efforts to communicate the compliance programs, including written materials for an effective education/training program designed specifically to promote understanding of compliance issues, laws and regulations, and consequences of non-compliance. All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Compliance Program effectively prevents and/or detects violation of law, regulations, organization policies, or the Code of Conduct. Serve as the primary resource to the hospital/entity on questions relating to corporate compliance and business ethics. Maintains a system of management reporting that provides the System with timely and relevant information on all aspects of compliance issues.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degreerequired MBA preferred Will consider relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Four (4) years of work experience in compliance management, performing audit, or legal services. Prior work experience shall be in implementing or auditing the key components of an effective compliance plan such as charging, billing, coding, and legal issues.
Job ID: 222274