Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Director of Communications and Public Relations will work across the global corporation to develop plans and materials that enable effective communications, relationships and partnerships both internally and externally. This position will be responsible for managing and directing all internal and external communications, media relations, community relations and other stakeholder, communications. Partner with corporate teams to create effective communications of departmental and Company-wide initiatives. This individual will collaborate in the drafting of all key corporate messaging and will help shape and define the Company’s strategy as it relates to our standing in our communities, our industry and key stakeholders.
- Develop comprehensive communications plans and strategies to support the Company’s objectives, manage and mitigate issues, and advance the positive reputation of the Company and its family of brands.
- Oversee the development of media and public relations strategies and create materials to proactively and reactively best represent the Company.
- Develop internal and external stakeholder communications to announce, describe or promote corporate or brand initiatives and decisions ensuring timely, accurate and consistent messaging to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the writing, editing and development of scripts, releases, speeches and presentations.
- Manage communications for all key corporate initiatives - partner closely with key stakeholders (i.e. executive management, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Legal, etc.) to ensure we meet and exceed all expectations.
- Manage corporate communications for all public and community relations efforts.
- Collaborates on all corporate social responsibility efforts, including the annual publication of our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- As requested, partner cross-functionally (specifically legal) to assist in the Company’s relations with state and federal government officials.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Strategy or relevant field
- Five or more years of strategic communication experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders; proven track record of successfully working with senior level executives.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in a variety of formats with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem–solving skills.
- Ability to influence opinions and gain critical buy-in for key projects.
- Self-starter with the ability to lead and/or work collaboratively across functions, in small and large teams, or independently.