Farmers Branch, TX
Not Specified years
Posted 66 days ago
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Case Management is responsible for the development of staff and systems to effectively operate a comprehensive Case Management Program. Provides leadership and supervision to case managers, social workers and case management coordinators/discharge planners. Assesses needs and plans, communicates and designs services that are appropriate to the hospital mission and patient/family needs. Integrates and coordinates services using continuous quality improvement tools.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Starting April 1 2015 Minimum 5 years post graduate of an accredited school of nursing and a currently state Registered Nurse license.
2. Grandfathered prior to April 1, 2015. Minimum 5 years post graduate of an accredited school of Social Work for Licensed Clinical Social Worker and/or Doctorate in Related Field.
3. Required to have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Case Management position.
4. Must have analytical ability for problem identification and assessment and evaluation of data/statistics obtained from an on-going review process.
4. Certification in Case Management, BS or BSN or related field preferred.
5. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
6. Knowledge of Milliman Criteria and InterQual Criteria preferred.
7. Experience and knowledge in basic to intermediate computer skills.
8. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hire and maintain current.