Bolivar Medical Center
Responsible for the coordination and implementation of case management strategies pursuant to the Case Management Plan. Coordinates care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge. Acts as Swingbed Coordinator for the hospital.Works with all members of the healthcare team to assure a collaborative approach is maintained in care and treatment of the patient. Reviews care and treatment for appropriateness against screening criteria and for infection control, quality andrisk assessment documenting same in computerizeddatabase. Responsible for authorization of appropriate services for continued stay and through discharge. Plans and coordinates home care services and needs. Provides discharge planning and at home follow-up assessment (via telephone, in some cases may make home visit). Coordinates the discharge planning functionin conjunction with the socialworker, assist Quality Management Coordinator andRisk Manager with screening,investigation and problem solving as needed. Assists theUtilization Management Department with allutilization activities as requested and directed. Participates in education on and implementation of clinical guidelines and protocols. Provides or arranges patient teaching as appropriate. Continues contact with patients with chronic diagnoses to assist with life style changes as needed to prevent recurrence or exacerbation of chronic illness. Meets with and patient and family to assist with disease management planning. Works closely with socialworker to integrate psychosocial management of patient/family needs. Participates in performance improvement activities, frequently attending and participating in performance improvement team efforts.
- Current State of Mississippi or Compact license as a Registered Nurse
- Certification in Clinical Resource Management (CCRM) is preferred
- Requires 3years clinical RN generalist experience in an inpatient facility, hospital or health system.
- BLS required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Current clinical knowledge.
- Understanding of healthcare/HMO industry.
- Knowledge of financial and/or statistical analysis.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran