Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
The Director, Capture Management for DOD/Air Force will own a Corporate Capture initiative, while mentoring and developing more junior capture managers focused on other pursuits. This position is a direct report to the Vice President of Growth – Defense, which is part of the Enterprise Business Development organization. Ultimately, the Director, Capture Management is responsible for directing and managing large strategic pursuits in collaboration with BD, Contracts, HR, Pricing, and Proposal leads. Furthermore, the successful candidate collaborates with Operational Leadership to maximize velocity against mid-term and long-term growth commitments.
Engility Corporation provides advisory services with emphasis on technical analysis and planning, operations research, requirements specification, systems engineering, test and evaluation, technical acquisition and planning, and program management. The Defense Group services and solutions are integral to the missions of our customers. We understand the importance of the work we perform and how it directly affects the security of the nation and the safety of our citizens. As a trusted partner, we work side by side with our customers, providing honest counsel and innovative solutions to high-priority challenges. Our employees share a single goal: always do what’s right for the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the Capture Management strategy and execution to further qualify and pursue new business opportunities within the Defense Group pipeline
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies
- Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans utilizing established internal tools and processes
- Effectively and efficiently drives capture pursuits through gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the executive lead for Business Winning
- Position requires the management and leadership of winning capture teams, effectively collaborates with assigned assets, subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with DoD team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position Engility for successful pursuits
- Key member of the Corporate Business Development organization, providing expertise and knowledge to build and execute Engility Corporation enterprise wide growth strategies
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement Engility BD culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with BD leads -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study. Degree may be substituted for relevant years of experience
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of capture management or related business experience in the Defense or Intelligence space, including supervision/management experience
- Proven track record in capture and proposal development for major programs (valued > $100M).
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in the entire capture process are required and solid experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts is expected
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and within a firm/corporation, with a particular focus on understanding how to create competitive discriminators in a highly cost-competitive environment
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
- Solid community network and notable customer knowledge in the client base with proven ability to build new and existing business leveraging connections
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
Requisition ID 2017-38244