ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Uses customer data to plan, manage, oversee and direct all creative and paid advertising. Participates in the development and planning of both tactical and strategic objectives for the company including advertising plans to increase sales and customer counts.
- Directs and oversees departmental operations; ensures that processes are constantly evaluated to save time and money.
- Oversees, directs and controls the budget. Develops measurement targets that show ROI on advertising dollars. Monitors financial and business performance as compared to budget and targets.
- Oversees the function and provides a positiveexperiencefor team members as a servant leader.
- Develops the strategic plans and guiding principles for the department.
- Interviews, selects, evaluates and recognizes team member results and actions.
- Promotes a constructive work environment, organizing staff to accomplish work and meet business demands and encouraging initiative and risk taking.
- Provides team with opportunities for on-going self-development.
- Develops annual department and project budgets with monthly P&L review; identifies variances and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
- Negotiates services and advertising costs with agencies, printers, newspapers, broadcast and other advertising media representatives.
- Keeps up to date on evolving media and competitor tactics. Builds a strategy to constantly test, measure and learn ways to more effectively use marketing dollars.
- Builds external communication strategies around the three pillars on Trusted Advisor, Value and Personal Service across all mediums.
- Supports the stores by improving customer experience in the store, building effective local marketing strategies and using mobile marketing techniques.
- Partners with the PR, SE and E-commerce team to build effective marketing strategies. Takes the lead in sharing these strategies with the organization.
- Maintains open communication with stores, directors and executive management. Participates in meetings to review advertising, budgets, sales, employee’s performance, training and other activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry regulations, requirements and trends by attending seminars, member associations, vendor presentations and contacts, reading trade periodicals and competitor’s advertisements, visiting competitors and other activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or advertising or equivalent degree. Five (5) years or more of related retail advertising experience at a management level or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong knowledge of advertising strategy, measurement, practices and technical production, including online.
· Technical expertise all methods of production, including print, email and digital.
· Experience buying media in traditional and digitalchannels.
· Experience successfully leading, optimizing and engaging a large team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrate ability to effectively lead, direct and manage people.
· High level of computer literacy across business and creative platforms.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and to meet tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills for making sound business decisions.
· Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with all levels of the organization and business contacts.