At Sun Life, we know that Project Managers do more than just keep projects moving on time and on budget; they are key to building productive client relationships and ensuring that internal teams have what they need to be successful. We are looking for detail-oriented and motivated self-starters who will bring not only strong PM skills (planning, managing, and implementing projects), but also a positive energy and new ideas. We are seeking individuals who are skilled in the full spectrum of digital web project management.
While we value your PM skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally important. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
• Strategic - You understand communication is at the heart of creating a positive client experience
and can maneuver through challenging situations with ease.
• Creative - You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem-solve with clients.
• Intuitive – You are someone with that canny ability to always think one-step ahead and avoid
problems before they happen.
• Confident - You're professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team,
running meetings or making client presentations.
• Passionate - You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways
to grow in your craft.
• Friendly – You are a breath of fresh air. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a
positive manner. You are also a great listener.
This position can be located at the Sun Life office in Atria (Victoria Park and Sheppard), or Waterloo.
- Develop long-term client relationships by providing personal client service and communication.
Clients should always feel informed and know that we have their best interest at heart.
- Clearly establish project delivery expectations with your team and clients. We know that things do not always go as planned, so confident stakeholder management will be key to successful project execution.
- Your project deliverables should meet/exceed your project sponsor's expectations throughout the project life cycle.
- Your ability to engage project stakeholders and clearly communicate project updates to ensure shared understanding and buy-in will be key to your project success
- Your project team will rely on you to provide clear direction and motivation to keep them focused on the finish line.
- As project scope and requirements will continue to evolve during execution, your ability to successfully manage project changes, risks, issues and actions is critical to success.
- Your project team and clients may be located across multi-site and time zones, so you will need to be flexible and adaptable in managing these needs.
- You own the project execution from initiation to closure while leveraging best Sun Life PM practice standards and processes.
- Your proficiency in developing detailed work plans for project tasks and deliverable, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans according to the Sun Life Development Life Cycle standards will help ensure successful execution as well as meet audit compliance requirements.
- Your collaboration with our Management Team on continually refining and enhancing our overall
project and development process, will strengthen our client project delivery. We want your ideas.
- Web and marketing technologies continue to evolve and grow in the market place. Your attention
to professional development and focus on staying attuned to emerging web and marketing
techniques will help ensure you remain current with this rapid pace of change.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (verbal & written)
- 5+yearsexperience in aProject Manager role at adigitalagency, creative agency, studio or
other company where Digital Web is a core technology competency
- Directexperiencein managing the development of websites or full website redesigns in waterfall
or agile environments (preferably both)
- Familiarity with Content Management systems and HTML/CSS
- Understanding of information architecture, user experience, and web design principles
- Understanding of digital process and digital deliverables (e.g., website, apps, e-mails, advertising)
- Knowledge of digital technologies, front-end development, SEO, localization, testing/optimization
- Experience in fostering cross-functional working relationships in medium to large organizations
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize, motivate and lead teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Motivated individual capable of owning and driving assignments
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations
- Understanding of SEO, Website Analytics and Web Accessibility requirements.
- Experience with CMS environments like Vignette/WEM, Adobe Experience Management, Wordpress; Content Delivery Network solutions (like Akamai, Limelight & Vidyard); Enterprise Search tools (like Google Site Search, Adobe Search & Promote, HP IDOL); Web/Social Media tools like Adobe Target, Qualtrics, HootSuite, Hearsay; Agile Management tools like JIRA are beneficial
- Financial Services Sectorexperience is beneficial, but notrequired.
What Sun Life Financial PMs are saying:
- Project managers are considered a core asset at Sun Life and respected for their ability to mobilize teams and deliver solutions
- I have the opportunity to drive business goals, and the satisfaction of being an integral part of the team that delivers solutions to move the business forward
- Sun Life supports PMs with practice groups, a PM Community, PM presentations and a genuine interest in growing the PM practice in the organization