Digital Visual/Interaction Designer
6 Months Contract to Permanent (Hire)
As a Digital Visual/Interaction Designer, you will be part of an exceptional digital team and play an important role in defining the design and visual branding for our clients. We are delivering Digital Customer Experiences driven by Data Science to midsize and large organizations. This position provides the opportunity for broad exposure to diverse industries/verticals and leading-edge digitaltechnologies that span mobile, web, wearables, analytics, commerce and cognitive areas in an Agile process setting. We operate at the leading-edge of technologies and our projects require compelling human interfaces.
As a part of the team, you will work to (specific role in a project will vary):
- Understand and frame the business concept based on business goals, user needs, technical specifications, and innovation opportunities.
- Develop and provide input to interaction concepts, flows, and wireframes
- Provide creative, cutting-edge art direction and graphic design to a wide range of clients and projects with Agile delivery lifecycles
- Translate interaction concepts into visual designs for various screen based platforms (e.g. websites, mobile devices, touch screen panels, etc.)
- Create, specify and apply harmonized visual styles that can be used across multiple applications and target users
- Be a strong advocate and challenger with other disciplinary team members (which may also include UI/UX, marketing, developers, engineers, usability experts, application experts, etc.), but also understand the balance between visual design, experience design, cost, and business needs
- Understand and work with technical constraints of UI/display platforms to provide the best user experience
- Supportinternal branding and marketing vision through collateral materials.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has exceptional visual design talent with strong attention to detail
- Has a creative style that resonates across digital platforms including application, mobile, social media, wearables, and email templates
- Has been working as a Digital Visual/Interaction Designer for at least 3years
- Has experienceworking within a digital development team
- Is proficient in developing and translating interaction flows into final pixel perfect screens with detailed specifications for our developers
- Has the ability to work against existing client design guidelines
- Is proficient with leading design software like Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Has knowledge of how digital standards such as HTML4/5, CSS impact design
- Has some understanding of Interaction Design and User Experience Design to be able to contribute when necessary to Interaction Design work
- Is comfortable interacting openly with end users, clients, technologists, and, creative design teams to deliver world class customer experiences.
- Is a team player, comfortable with multi-disciplinary teams, who wants to do great work
- Has a bachelor or master level education in Graphical Design, UX, Arts, or other related studies
- Communicates effectively verbally and in written form in English
- Has some ability to travel to client sites for discovery and requirements sessions (limited)