$80K — $100K *
Digital - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use. Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Uses System tools, such as National Instrument (NI) products, LabVIEW, and MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes. Uses language such as HDL, C, PERL. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Analog - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design and circuit specifications based on system level requirements. Is actively involved in all aspects of the design from system definition/simulation to circuit design and simulation. Heavy involvement in overseeing layout and silicon evaluation is also expected. Uses design tools such as Cadence ADE, MathWorks MATLAB and others. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under some supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
• May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uses tools/applications (i.e., Cadence, RTL Compiler, etc.) to execute the architecture and design of an individual block according to design protocol provided.
• Participates in developing an implementation strategy that meets system requirements and customer needs, occasionally relying on help from manager.
• Resolves architecture, design, or verification problems by applying sound ASIC engineering practices with minimal supervision.
• Owns the design and verification strategies of ASICs, SoC, and IP cores of a single block or IC Package.
• Writes tests and regressions to identify any bugs in own work and helps more junior team members do the same.
• Runs power checks on a single block to ensure it meets specifications provided by team lead.
• Interprets the results of performance checks and reports them to team lead.
• Provides ideas and furthers the innovation of ASICs, SoC, IP cores, and/or transistor level integrated circuits.
• Writes, reviews, and edits technical document in accordance with template requirements.
• Communicates directly with lead on any significant deviations from the Plan of Record for assigned block in a timely manner.
• Participates in design or project reviews and project meetings and supports these by providing team lead with progress on own related tasks.
• Provides input (i.e., timing, feasibility) on assigned tasks related to projects.
• Provides input on process improvement by identifying existing resources or work products that can be reused or applied to assigned tasks.
Additional responsibilities might include:
• Designs and implements test keys according to technology requirements.
• Uses modeling/simulation/layout tools to debug issues and help the development of competitive process technology modules.
• Develops and maintains databases for technology data mining and analysis.Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
Digital Verification Engineer for Mixed-Signals IPs, Chips and Chipsets used in Qualcomm's power management Chipset (PMIC). IPs include ADCs, fuel gauging, charging, power management.
- MS+2 Years
. Strong troubleshooting skills across embedded systems disciplines (digital RTL, Firmware, analog behavioral models)
. System Verilog Programming
. UVM/SV (Universal Verification Methodology using System Verilog)
. Python or Perl scripting
Digital Verification Engineer for Mixed-Signals IPs, Chips and Chipsets used in Qualcomm's power management Chipset (PMIC)
Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Science
2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Bachelors - Computer Engineering, Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Electrical Engineering
2+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages. ,2+ years experience with architecture and design tools. ,4+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience. ,2+ years experience with design verification methods.
ASIC Verification, Matlab C, Multicore System-On-Chip (SoC), Perl Programming, Simulation Software
Valid through: 7/6/2021
$80K — $100K *
2 days ago