Digital Transformation Technical Lead
I. Job DescriptionWaste Management, is seeking technical leader with extensive background in customer software development, integration development, and building high-quality, high performance applications on a Microsoft and SalesForce.com (SFDC) stack. As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for designing, architecting, and building a new digital transformation platform to replace our existing business applications. This person will lead a team of experienced software analysts and developers to develop our transformation platform, in collaboration with experience business resources & SI partners. We're looking for a talented individual who is interested in a hybrid development, supervisory, and architecture role, and who is passionate about building quality systems with software implementation best practices.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities This role is a hybrid of several roles Technical Lead Developer and Technical/Enterprise Architect. Job roles & responsibilities include:Lead Developer
- Lead internal technical development team working to build new microservices & integrations between SFDC & our existing systems
- Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, documenting, coding, testing, and implementing new and by modifying existing software applications with full competency to industry best practices
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Contributes to the strategic vision and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding applications and software development.
- Articulates design and resolves technical/design conflicts as they occur.
- Coordinates with SI partners, business analysts, business solution architects, and users to determine requirements
- Ensure DevOps best practices are documented, communicated, and followed by the entire development team – including continuous integration and unit testing best practices
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Participates in the development of software.
- Writes, conducts, and reviews unit & developer test cases
- Supervises code reviews within development team
- Lead technical reviews as part of an Agile project team
- Other roles as assigned/required
- Provide architectural oversite & direction for multi-year transformational effort, including in the following areas: micro-service design, integration design, application/solution architecture, cloud/network gateway, data architecture, performance monitoring & design, and systems engineering
- Review architectural designs to ensure they comply with industry standards (TOGAF, or similar) and will provide a system design that will satisfy user requirements and lead to sustainable systems/low maintenance
- Develops & implements design & architectural best practices for the transformational program
- Lead resolution of technical issues, to ensure architecture integrity is maintained
- Participate in program steering committee meetings & executive meetings
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job includes supervisory responsibilities for up to 5-10 technical developers & PaaS administrators.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and ExperienceRequired: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Minimum of (5) to eight (8) years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree. With a minimum of 3 full-life cycle software implementation projects.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and 10+ years of previous software development experience. Prior Technical lead or solution architecture experience is highly preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
None required. Microsoft, Salesforce certifications are a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technical knowledge or skills in one or more of the following isrequired:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Working knowledge of test driven development, automated unit testing and continuous integration.
- Advanced knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5 Framework and MVC 3/4/5.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working with T_SQL, SSIS/SSRS, C#, ASP.Net, MVC and web services.
- Seeks knowledge of software implementation best practices and deployment strategies.
- Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 or Oracle stored procedures.
- Experience with other software development platforms (PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java, C++, etc.) is a plus.
- Prior experience working with, integrating, and deploying PaaS CRM solutions highly-preferred
- Previous experience with Quote-to-cash applications highly-preferred
- Experience working in Agile development framework is highly-preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Strong ability to work in a customer interfacing environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Candidate should possess excellent written & oral presentation skills
- Prior experience interfacing with executives (Dir, VP, CxO) a plus
- Prior consulting experience a plus