Our International client specializes in helping global brands and their retail buyers /suppliers/wholesalers/distributors to trade, innovate and grow. Increasingly b2b buyers are doing business online, finding the right supplier and making informed purchasing decisions.
Our client is looking for a senior level Digital strategist and experience with launching internally b2b ecommerce/digital marketplaces where their brands and retailers can do business, in addition to being commercially driven, working along the leadership team, and building out a profitable digital business, integrating with their other current offerings.
Within this exciting portfolio, they connect with over 3,500 brands with over 100,000 retail buyers and you will have experience of going into a business with a holistic approach and creating, getting buy in and executing digital strategies and digital marketplaces.
- Reporting to the Managing Director of the business, you will play a leading role in the development of a digital strategy for the business. Create, gain buy in, launch and execute these strategies and run day to day operations, building a team.
- Build, lead and develop a multi-functional team or leverage existing teams with capacity to support initiatives.
- Develop the team's skills and careers as you build the business.
- Work closely with offline and online team and other sales, marketing and technology leaders globally to deliver on strategy.
- Work with sales leaders to set commissions and incentives to deliver digital revenue targets.
- Responsible for commercial result and P&L.
- Ideally experience of previously launching a digital division and launching b2b ecommerce/online b2b marketplaces for b2b customers to do business, monetizing these channels/platforms/features
- P&L responsibility of appropriate size and evidence of growth
- Experience of setting, revising and delivering budgets
- Led and managed multi-functional teams within a matrix-environment
- Digital experience in any retail industry
- Track record of launching and operationally managing digital products and services
- UI and UX
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Comfortable with a transformational, changing environment
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Savvy in Microsoft tools and programs and project/program management skills