$250K - $500K(Ladders Estimates)
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world's leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position :
Area of Expertise:
Performance of activities relating to the engineering, design, installation, operation and development of information systems and programming.
Level of Responsibility:
· Has responsibility for entire systems, projects, programs or operational unit across or within functional areas
· Accountable for budget, staffing, and/or business/operational results
· Has other managers and/or senior individual contributors reporting in
Specific responsibilities of position :
The DT Technical Applications Director manages a group of P&WC applications/resource managers who are responsible of ensuring the development and sustainment of P&WC Technical Applications. Technical Applications refers to DT applications managing technical data across the enterprise, predominantly related to product definition. The main technical applications are Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) platform, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Manufacturing Numerical Control applications and Test Cell Facilities applications.
The DT Technical Applications Director reports to the P&WC CIO and works closely with the P&WC DT Directors of Business Applications, Infrastructure/Operations and PMO/Enterprise Architecture to develop, communicate and implement strategic directions.
Key responsibilities are:
• Define and implement DT strategic directions with emphasis on Technical Applications and is accountable for the selection and implementation of new technologies aligned with the enterprise architecture
• Manage Application/Resource managers in a highly outsourced multi-vendor environment, providing technical guidance and coaching
• Developing talent, succession plans and mentoring
• Responsible for managing strategic software and services suppliers
Qualifications required :
The candidate holds a Bachelor or College degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum 15 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
The following skills are essential to the position:
• Experience and knowledge of manufacturing industry processes. Knowledge of aerospace domain would be an asset
• Experience in influencing, developing relationships, networking and negotiating in a multi-organization context
• Experience of large-scale business transformation projects involving a major Technical Application platform
• Demonstrated leadership with strong communications skills, including experience with executive communications
• Strong people management skills and an history of building strong teams
• Experience with strategic management of software/services supplier management
Valid Through: 2019-10-21