WMAR, the E.W. Scripps owned TV station in Baltimore, MD is currently seeking a Digital Strategist (DS) to drive revenue growth by providing expert product knowledge, creating custom campaign presentations, and by providing general sales expertise and campaign strategy/guidance. This is a market-based, client-facing role working under the guidance of the DigitalSales Manager.
- Drive digital market revenue by increasing digital product campaigns
- Provide guidance and training on selling designated products to include: SEO/SEM, Scripps Targeted Network (STN), Yahoo!, etc.
- Provide campaign guidance to account executives; develop strategy, create presentations and support the close of sales
- Make 4-legged calls
- Generate and interpret analytics to determine digitalsalescampaign effectiveness
- Identify additional digitalsales opportunities such as website development, etc.
- Monitors market trends and clients' industries to identify opportunities to increase market share
- Attend and participate in planning and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Full understanding of entire digitalportfolio of products
- Successfully sell designated digital products
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness and make recommendations that result in effective advertiser solutions
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics to develop creative sales solutions
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other programs such as customer relationship management software (salesforce.com, WideOrbit, AdBook)
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years salesexperiences, closing business and managing clients
- One (1) to two (2) years digital advertising salesexperience
- Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities
- Travelrequired, minimal overnight travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
We have a robust collection of digital offerings including, but not limited to, onsite and offsite display, video, SEO, and SEM. We are a Google Adwords SMB Premier Partner.
This position comes with strong benefits and a quarterly bonus structure in addition to a base salary. We have a supportive and friendly culture with many growth opportunities.