Job Description – Digital Strategist
Forcepoint is the leading user and data protection cybersecurity company, entrusted to safeguard organizations while driving digital transformation and growth. Instead of a static one-size fits all approach that stifles innovation and creates vulnerabilities, Forcepoint is attuned to how people interact with data, providing secure access while freeing employees to create value. Forcepoint creates safe, trusted environments for thousands of enterprise and government customers.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for developing and managing the overall digital journey for Forcepoint target buyers, both prospects and customers, for the purpose of generating raw leads and marketing qualified leads. This includes optimizing the organic journey and as well as managing the digital performance of paid campaigns that drive to the Forcepoint website, in collaboration with the global demand generation team.
The digital strategist will be a key member of a virtual, interdisciplinary marketing team that includes a solution marketer, campaign manager, and content marketer. Each virtual team is focused on category leadership within one of Forcepoint’s three core market of cloud security, data protection, and insider threats. The digital strategist will partner with the SEO manager, PR, social media, and the campaign manager to understand all channels that drive traffic to forcepoint.com and develop the ideal buying journey. The successful candidates will partner with the solutions marketing and web product management team to optimized conversion of that traffic on relevant webpages through regular A/B testing as well as develop additional web pages needed in the digital journey such as paid search and campaign landing pages. S(he) will work closely with the content marketer to ensure content is placed in the relevant places within the digital buying journey.
- Create/own the digital gold standard/blueprint for a buyer’s digital journey in context of the .com strategy
- Maximize organic responders through strong digital journey development and optimization of digital journeys
- Manage digital performance of campaigns and journeys. Optimize digital performance in collaboration with demand generation teams.
- Oversee creation and optimization of digital landing pages on .com. Own development of landing page experiences.
- Develop and drive the A/B testing plan to drive continuous optimization and learning;
- Work with the paid media strategist and search team to develop the media plan in context of the .com strategy
- Working with campaign manager, ensure digital elements of campaigns are properly instrumented for response tracking, response flow and response quality (RLM)
- Partner with campaign manager to develop campaigns
- Manage multiple agencies and track budget expenditures based on deliverables creation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7-9+ years of experience in B2B software, ideally in the IT or cybersecurity markets.
- 3-5+ years of experience with SaaS
- 5+ years of experience in web marketing, digital marketing, or demand generation
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of digital buyers’ journey across paid, earned, and owned channels that drives to a corporate website for the purposes of demand generation and pipeline creation
- Strong understanding of web marketing: unique visitor traffic, conversion, and generation of core MQLs (request for demos, SaaS trials, contact us, etc)
- A good understanding of search (organic and paid) best practices, re-targeting, and paid media programs that drive traffic to a corporate website and associated landing pages
- Experience and use of website analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly iterate
- Ability to think and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline to work effectively in a high-paced environment
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and can influence the work without direct reporting accountability
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills