Akima, LLC seeks to hire a Digital/Web Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing and Communications team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the company's efforts to create on-brand internal and external-facing digital assets to support marketing and communications initiatives. Typical projects will include planning for (and the creation and design of) websites, digital ad campaigns, mobile projects, social media, emails and more, applying best practices, and strong design principles. The Digital/Web Marketing Specialist will work with partners on all phases of the project, from translating ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to ensuring implementation of approved designs and provide all required specifications.
Typical candidates posess exceptional digital coding skills, as well as comfort with design and technical aptitude of web, email, and mobile standards. Knowledge of ancillary concepts related to seach engine optimization and digital marketing are strongly desired. The position is located at the Akima office in Herndon, VA.
- Lead digital/web projects in support of marketing and communications initiatives
- Provide on brand, award-winning visuals for ecommerce websites, digitaladcampaigns, mobile projects, social media, emails and more, applying best practices, and strong design principles.
- Collaborate with the creative team members, business stakeholders, and the broader marketing and communications managers team on project requirements.
- Oversee efforts and designs developed by external partners, including but not limited to email, social media, web, mobile, etc. ensuring all materials are on-brand and meet established visual standards.
- Manage the execution of multiple projects in fast paced environment.
- Provide input and leadership on strategic digital projects that improve efficiency and impact of Akima marketing and communications efforts.
- Assume responsibility for special projects as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of six (6) years' presentation or graphic design experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated digital design experience with an organization that manages multiple digital environments (preferably in a parent/subsidiary environment)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a compressed timeline, with openness to feedback
- Excellent project management skills
- Desire and ability to work well in a close, disciplined team environment
- Willingness to work "off" hours and weekends to complete tasks when required
- Previous agency or design firm experience
- Knowledge of seach engine optimization
- Knowledge of digital marketing and marketing automation techniques/environments