We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working with cutting edge RF technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference? If so, come join our Space Technologies, Missions, and Payloads team as a Digital Signal Processing Engineer and be integral to supporting new and existing space programs. We are developing technology and products that are magnitude better than our competition. The company has been honored for its record of performance by national magazines such as INC, Forbes, and Fortune Small Business.
In this role, you will propose concepts to solve customer problems. You will architect the system along with our customers by leveraging technology assets across Viasat and our partners. The products and systems you will be defining are in Radar, SIGINT, and communication applications.
You will develop the algorithms necessary to solve a wide range of communication or radar problems. You will build system solutions from your algorithms by transitioning them from simulations to instantiations on DSP/FPGA platforms.
You will work with interdisciplinary teams including Business Development, Systems, Software, RF circuits, hardware engineers, and others. Sound interesting? Keep reading...
• 8+ years of signal processing experience
• Experience with the architectural definition, design, and integration of communication and/or radar systems
• Proven ability to develop, define, and implement signal processing solutions in communication and/or radar systems
• Background in random processes, communication theory, and spectral analysis
• Experience in interfacing with customers
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written. Must be comfortable developing and presenting briefings.
• Ability to perform systems level analysis
• Proposal or applications engineering experience
• Able to derive module/box requirements from system level requirements
• Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SSBI/SCI
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• US government position. US citizenship required.
• Up to 10% domestic travel
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Active Top Secret clearance with SSBI/SCI (or held a TS SSBI/SCI clearance within the last 2 years)
• Satellite design experience
Experience writing discrete-time simulations in Matlab, C/C++, or Python
• AESA/phased array, Radar, SIGINT, or EW experience
• Some detail design or hands on hardware test experience is beneficial
Minimum education: BA/BS
Years of experience: 8 plus years
Travel: Up to 10%
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a United States Top Secret/ SCI Clearance